Thursday, November 8, 2007

Pet Pig



There is something that happens when the holiday time rolls around, memories just start bubbling to the top (top of what, I'm not sure, but they bubble up).

Anyway, a memory just seemed to "bubble up" for me today, from my childhood. I grew up on a farm, and I had a pet pig. Now, this was not a pet that I picked out, but a pet that picked me. I don't know why, but every time "Henry" saw me, he would follow me around the farm. This may not sound like a big deal, but this was no ordinary pig, as he could unlock gates, so he could follow me around. He would follow me to the garden, back to the hen house, and even down to the stream, given the chance. There was a down side to this friendship, all of this gate unlocking did not please my Dad.

Hope you have some good memories "bubblin' up".

0 comments: