Thursday, May 29, 2008

Book Recommendation



I highly recommend this book if you are interested in scherenschnitte.

"Papercutting" ia a how-to guide by an acclaimed papercutter Claudia Hopf, featuring everything you need to learn the craft of scherenschnitte, or papercutting. Includes a list of tools needed, step-by-step instructions, finishing tips, and over 50 patterns for seasonal decorations and traditional designs. Color photos of examples of papercutting from a variety of cultures and artists provide inspiration and a brief history of the craft.

2 comments:

daysease said...

thank you very much for the book recommendation. now i know one that i need to check into. have a great day.

Thistle Dew Mercantile said...

Hi La Donna!

I bought this at Landis Valley Museum when we were there for Collection, and finally mustered enough nerve to ask Claudia to sign it! (My Hubby Dear was pushing me from behind... he knows how shy I can be over things like that!) Claudia and her husband Carroll are very sweet and extremely talented. I definitely second the recommendation!

Kim :-)