Wednesday, September 17, 2008

From My Great Grandma's Kitchen 1916 - Pumpkin Pie


Pumpkin Pie
One pint pumpkin, one pint milk, one teaspoon spice, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/2 pint sugar, two eggs.
Puff Paste
One cup lard, 1/2 cup water, flour to make dough stiff.
Line pie plate with paste and mix pumpkin, milk, spices, sugar and yolks of eggs.
Add to pie and bake from 30 to 40 minutes. Beat the whites stiff, add tablespoon sugar, cover top of pies and brown in oven. This makes two pies.

3 comments:

Leticia said...

My mouth is watering, I LOVE Pumpkin Pie!

Joni of Fully Wooly Primitives said...

Ohhh I love Pumpkin pie - this one sounds scrumptious. I ahd to laugh at the phot of the cowboy on the dog. What people think of. I really enjoy your blog and so I have left something on mine for you! thanks for sharing!

Shana said...

Yum. Yum. I'm going to file this recipe. Pumpkin pie is one of my fall favorites!