Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"This Life" #12 in Bird Cage Series - Paper Cut Scherenschnitt





Traveling until she finds her love, through this life, and if need be, into the next.

"This Life" is number twelve in my series titled "Bird Cage". The different elements for this papercut were cut from Canson paper using scherenschnitte scissors and X-Acto knife. A new #11 blade is used with a self healing cutting mat underneath the paper. The elements were assembled in layers. A French letter from the 1800s is the first element for the back of the bird cage. The birds were adhered with Elmer's Multi-Purpose Spray Adhesive. The remaining bird cage pieces, including the photograph were added using the spray adhesive . "This Life" measures approx. 7 1/2" x 6", and has been mounted on a 10" x 8" 140lb archival off white watercolor paper.

~~~~~
Click On Collage To Enlarge

7 comments:

Maija said...

You're killing me girl!! Extraordinary work. Again.

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

This is just beautiful!!!! :> )
~Peanut

Anonymous said...

La Donna! I love these! I think this is the sweetest yet!

Kim :-)

daysease said...

hey, your "Bird Cage" series is so interesting... love to see the different things you come up with...

sassydesigns said...

Hi La Donna! Thanks for visiting my new blog! I just love your work, looking forward to seeing it on etsy! Take care.
Dee

Mónica Zúñiga said...

Wow, I´m so happy to have found you too! You are amazing, this blogg is so beautiful and inspirational!

Monica Zúñiga.

J. Dalton said...

This piece is simply stunning, as are the others in your Bird Cage series. I love the intricacy of the cage. I think I'm going to make it a summer project to try and emulate your work. Hopefully it turns out half as good as yours.

bird cages