Sunday, October 12, 2008

"Angel" #6 in Bird Cage Series - Paper Cut Scherenschnitte


This is the sixth paper cut in my new series titled "Bird Cage". To create this scherenschnitte piece, six layers were cut using scherenschnitte scissors and X-acto knife. Next, each paper cut was layered to achieve this look. The angel has been cut from a French letter from the 1800s. "Angel" paper cut measures approx. 6 1/2" x 6", and has been mounted on a 8" x 10" 140lb archival off white watercolor paper.
If you have any questions concerning this paper cut,
please feel free to contact me at:
welterladonna@aol.com
Thank You!

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Another beautiful piece! Is that an olive branch in the bird cage?
Curious want to know!

Ms. Tee said...

The angel is very pretty! I'd love to hear how you got started doing this sometime. :)

Inka Smith said...

Very nice piece. I am a bird lover so anything that has to do with them I am excited about.
Inka
Inklings Designs

Decor To Adore said...

This image gives my heart wings!

Cookie said...

oh, this is my favorite of all ! Love it ♥

Bird Cages said...

Changed my mind. This one is definitely my favourite!