Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"Sing" #7 in Bird Cage Series Paper Cut Scherenschnitte

This is the seventh paper cut in my new series titled "Bird Cage". To create this scherenschnitte piece, eight layers were cut using scherenschnitte scissors and X-acto knife. Next, each paper cut was layered to achieve this look. The first layer of the bird cage has been cut from vintage sheet music. "Sing" paper cut measures approx. 6 1/2" x 3", and has been mounted on a 8" x 10" 140lb archival off white watercolor paper.

10 comments:

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Love your birdcage series. Imaginative & beautiful pieces!

Creative Blessings,
Lisa :)

Anonymous said...

amazing as usual. :o)

reagan said...

I am in awe of your skills girl! This is amazing! Thanks for stopping by my blog giveaway, I'll do my best to pick your name:-)
xo
Pam

Sandra Evertson said...

G O R G E O U S !
Sandra

merryheart2 said...

Hi there
I really love this cut out. it is so beautiful.
i finally got it all figured out. thanks for the tips.

Happy Thursday sweetie.
sandra

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Just stunning! Your birdcage series is amazingly beautiful, and so very intricate.
xo Lidy

Decor To Adore said...

This is absolutely brilliant. I love the entire image. Perfection!

Ms. Tee said...

So amazing! Thank you for your sweet comments, too. :)

Koldo Barroso said...

I can't believe it, I did a very similar idea a few weeks ago. You may see in my blog:
http://www.koldobarroso.com/lady-zakharovas-memorabilia/

Do you think we were portraiting the same lady? ;-)

Bird Cages said...

Love the sleeves!