Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"Poppy" Paper Cut Scherenschnitte / Scherenschnitt

You know how you go through your whole life thinking something is one way, and then you learn that it is another way? That is what happened to me!

"Daisy" shared something with me that I just didn't know.
I have always thought that flowers were named after....flowers.
I mean, that each flower is given it's scientific name (forgive me, to those who really know what they are talking about). : )



I mean their "botany" name (still not sure the correct word to use, but I am trying)! : )

I have been wrong...
"Daisy" shared with me that flowers are named after the little people who live in them!
Please meet "Poppy" who is just so sweet! : )

12 comments:

Kathleen Harrington said...

This is so lovely! Terrific blog.
Kathleen

daysease said...

Why, you have mastered the art of flowers. Welcome, Poppy!! You are just lovely.

Stephani Gorman said...

Poppy is delightful!!! You are amazing!

Artsnark said...

what fun! beautiful piece!

Shana said...

Poppy is way too sweet!

Ruth Welter said...

La Donna, this poppy is gorgeous. How you do this intricate and delicate work is beyond me. I love it..so very beautiful.

Ruth

Leticia said...

Oh La Donna, Poppy is beautiful and I love, love the new banner!

Mónica Zúñiga said...

Awww! How sweet story and beautiful work! :)
xoxo...Moni.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how sweet! Poppy is just B-E-A-yooo-tiful! :-)

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Poppy is adorable!

Ms. Tee said...

So sweet and dainty! I love that oh-so-light pink. :)

La Tea Dah said...

LaDonna, your work is beautiful! I just found your blog and have enjoyed my visit here. It's wonderful to find someone who shares my name!

Come visit me at Gracious Hospitality if you have time.

LaTeaDah